Palm Tree Removal
Do you have a palm tree on your property that you would like removed? Have your palm trees died due to disease, pest infestation, or severe weather conditions? Palm tree removal may be your best bet for a healthy property.
If you have dead palm trees that need to be removed, we suggest doing this quickly. Dead palm trees can easily become a fire hazard or can put pedestrians at-risk of limbs falling on top of them. Dry palm tree fronds and trunks are a similar texture and material as common fire kindling. This creates serious fire risk to structures surrounding palm trees, or surrounding trees themselves.
Palm frond limbs that are brown or that were improperly pruned can fall from the crown of the tree and land on top of pedestrian passerby underneath. Especially in areas that are windy, you do not want dried palm fronds falling loose from the top of a palm tree.
Removing a palm tree can be completed by the following series of steps:
- Make sure that you do not need any permits to cut down or remove your palm tree. Generally, you should not run-into any legal problems unless the tree crosses into your neighbour’s property or removal could pose a risk to any surrounding structures.
- You will then need to remove any excess weight or fronds from the tree. Wear thick gloves while doing this; some palm fronds have spikes. If the tree is short enough for you to do this while standing on the ground, this work is safe for non-professionals. If your tree is tall enough to require a ladder or cherry picker, you will need to call in a professional arborist.
- After the bulk of palm fronds are removed, you will need to determine the direction that the tree will be felled. Follow the natural lean or weight distribution of the tree. Clear any debris, and make sure that the felling area is clear of structures, power/utility lines and people.
- The next step is cutting/chopping the tree with the proper equipment. Whether you use a chainsaw or other materials, use proper safety equipment. Depending on the size of the tree, you will need to make certain cuts in a specific sequence. Do this research on your own before getting out your chopping equipment.
- Remove the stump, if you wish.
Palm tree removal can be a fairly involved project for a property owner to manage on their own; we advise reaching out to a local arborist for professional, risk-free maintenance.
Give us a call here at Dynamic Arborist for any palm tree removal projects on your property. Our team can remove your palm trees safely and effectively, at an affordable cost. We will even haul off any debris or remnants of the tree so that you are left with a clean lot. We are looking forward to hearing from you.